Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pricing, Pricing, Pricing

I realize that this is not particularly blog-worthy, but it is how my whole day is going to go, so I figure I should mention it. Last Thursday, I bought a 12 long box DC collection. Mostly the good stuff, Action, Superman, Batman, Detective, Flash, Superboy, Legion of Super-Heroes, Justice League, Jimmy Olson, Lois Lane. 12 centers up through late 80s, as I recall. Running through 12 boxes becomes kind of a blur, so I don't remember everything exactly.

Today, being a presumably slow Tuesday, is the day to get them priced. It is such a nice batch that I am forgoing my usual "Stick the boxes somewhere out of the way until I get around to them." I have 20 boxes in storage in the basement at the store that I literally have no idea what is in them. It'll be a little bit like Christmas when I pull them out.

Since I have no where to put them other than basement storage or bring them home (like the 20 long boxes currently in my basement at home - kind of hard to sell them this way), I figure this is the best thing to do. Timing couldn't be worse with Free Comic Book Day coming up and needing the table for that. Ah, well. I am becoming a master of having a store full of stuff without it looking like a jumbled mess. Or so I hope.

My father-in-law is going to build me 2 special long box racks, so I will have room for another 60 boxes soon, well as soon as all of his other projects are done. I don't have the tools, namely a table saw to do it and I would likely lose a thumb trying to do it myself. Plus he lives for doing these kind of things.

So, if you are in the area, stop by and see my great new collection. In all honesty, I'd love to bring this home and read them all, but, well, that ain't gonna happen. I'm lucky enough to read the books I am really enjoyed, let alone all of the new stuff that comes in every week. But that is a post for another day.

No comments: