Thursday, October 2, 2008

Changes, Changes, Changes and a recap

More changes are in place at the store. Boscov's, a department store, recently went out of business. I was able to pick up a great slatwall gondola for less than it would have cost just to ship a new one here. The shelving for it finally came in on Tuesday, so I squeezed it in. I had to move a lot of stuff around, but I think it really looks good and I like how it is working out so far.

I have also made a change in my storage situation (something I should have done long ago) and now I will be able to get my back issues organized. If there is anything you are looking for, please let me know. I will soon have almost 100 long boxes sorted and priced. I can't fit them in the store, but I will be rotating them with what is currently in the store, so the back issue selecting will be fresher. Plus I'm sure that some of that will be fresh quarter books stock.

September was my 2nd slowest month of the year, which is not good, but is understandable. I just hit my 2nd anniversary, so sales data is really raw. Trends are really hard to see at this point. Last September was a small drop from August, so this may be a trend. School starting and activities and general craziness at home can certainly lead to lower sales. But last year was a 5 drop and this months was a 20 drop. I really hope this was just a blip.

No comments: