Monday, May 12, 2008

Gene Colan ailing

I read about it here

Apparently Mr. Colan is having liver trouble. I am not a doctor, but it certainly does not sound good. Mr. Colan is one of my favorite artists of all time. From his Daredevils to his Howard the Duck to just about anything he has done. I am lucky enough to own 3 of his original Daredevil pages. I am truly saddened by this news. My wife tried to commision him to do an original piece for me for our 10th wedding anniversary, but he was too busy then. Boy, do I wish I had that now.

She did get Mike Grell to do this great one for me though:



I just sent him an email through his website and I plan to send him a card today. Far too often lately we have lost great creator and I always wish I had let them know how much they meant to me or inspired me. Well, I am not going to blow it with Mr. Colan. I think I will shoot off a quick note to Stan Lee, too.

Feel better, Mr. Colan.

No comments: