Monday, May 5, 2008

Free Comic Book Day Wrap-up

Without a doubt, Free Comic Book Day was a huge success. I don’t know how many books I gave away because I ordered tons and still have lots, but the numbers I do have are incredible. I usually have 35-45 sales on a Wednesday, my biggest sales day of the week. On FCBD, I had 84 sales and that doesn’t even take into account how many people just came in for the free stuff. It is safe to say I had over 100 groups of people I the store Saturday. I say groups, because many were couples and families. What a day!

It was great having so many people in the store. The bad thing was that I was pretty much stuck behind the counter and I couldn’t get out to talk to everyone. It was great to see some regulars, just there to shop, step up and help new people who needed some help making decisions. I knew my customers were the best and this certainly reinforced that opinion.

Sales wise, the numbers are unbelievable. I had a kind of impromptu customer appreciation sale. I knew a lot of regulars would be in for the free stuff, so I decided to give them an incentive to spend some money. Apparently it worked. Sales Saturday were 3 times the sales of last year and 60% higher than my best day EVER.

I can’t believe that I am already a third of the way to my monthly minimum goal and a quarter of the way to my “wouldn’t it be awesome if I could hit this number” goal. And all of this without having a new book Wednesday yet. And this Wednesday is going to be a doozy.

See ya then!

No comments: