Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow, Snow Everywhere

I didn't open Saturday. 20 inches of snow overnight. I didn't finish getting the driveway shoveled until 1:00pm (and I started at 7:00am). Plus the township issued a State of Emergency. Sunday was really light. Closed today. And more snow coming tomorrow. Couple that with a very light week of new releases and this week is looking like a bust.

Gah. I know that February is traditionally a slow month for comics sales. The publishers certainly arent' helping in that respect. We got Siege last week, but no other tie-in books (don't get me started on Embedded). No Blackest Night or Green Lantern books. And nothing coming out this week either. Why are the publishers back-loading the months lately? January was like this as well. I just don't get it. There are 4 weeks in a month. There is really no excuse to ship all of you main books in the last 2 weeks.

Or, if they are going to make a habit of this, and I was a small press publisher, I'd make sure my stuff came out the 1st two weeks of a month. People would be 50% more likely to at least see your book. With no Avengers, X-titles, Justice titles or Green Lantern titles shipping, people are looking for things to read.

OK, enough complaining. Time for me to concentrate on selling things other than new comics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi i am new to this forum i hope i can help out and contribute here because iv learned a huge amount myself.

Thx's

[URL=http://learnviolinonlinehq.com][B]Learn Violin Online[/B][/URL]