Saturday, September 5, 2009

Expansion!!!


Wow, I haven't done this in a while and there is a lot to say.

After getting the news of the rent increase, I started looking around. I missed out on one spot that would have been really good. Too good, so I knew I was too late. Then I kept looking all around the area. Nothing was as cheap as what I am paying now, even with the rent increase. My neighbor was already on the fence about renewing, so with the increase, she decided to move. This lead to an opportunity for me, to take over her space as well.

They broke through the wall today. They are making a 6 foot opening and a 3 foot opening between the 2 stores. This was limited because they had to put a beam up to support the ceiling. But it is just as well, because I need as much wall space as I can get. I don't know exactly what I am putting where on the other side, mostly because I didn't know exactly where the holes were going to be. There is a big difference between what I can fit in 5 feet of space and 6 feet.

Here is a picture of my new hole.

The store is a disaster right now because of having to move things quickly to make space for the hole (right in the middle of my new comic wall.

Here are the rest of the pictures of the work in progress.

I will post more pictures as soon as I can figure out how to format them better

No comments: