Saturday, November 1, 2008

More Numbers Stuff

Well, apparently September was an abberation and sales are back to where they were. Which is good and reassuring. I have heard some customers talking about having to cut back on their purchases, but I really didn't see much this month. Tracking sales is still really hard, only because I am still new and haven't seen any real trends. Well, except that November and December are really good for business.

Going back this year, January through April were pretty steady I had a 47% increase in sales from April to May. Then there was a 19% drop back down, but things stayed at this new higher plateau through August. September dropped back down to April numbers. That is why I am glad to see a 21% jump back up for October. Last year had a 31% jump from October to November and a 14% jump from November to December.

So, if things hold the way they went last year, I should do just fine.

Lots of good books still to come; the wrap up to Secret Invasion in December, Final Crisis still going, lots of Green Lantern goodenss coming as well.

On a side note, I haven't done many reviews on the site after there was a bruhaha about stores doing negative reviews of books they are trying to sell. And I kind of agree with internet on this one. There are lots of books I don't care for that sell well. Who am I to say what is good or bad. Plus this guy was reviewing books from his Marvel Preview books. So people were being told they were bad and not to buy them before they came out. Marvel no longer does the Preview books, so I don't get to see the books until you do. It will be a more level playing field.

So I will get to more reviews soon, but they will generally only be on books I feel positive towards or have hope that it is going somewhere.

Quick review. Incredible Hercules#122 made me laugh out loud.

No comments: